Suppose we make a list of all the great things or blessings in your life you can think of right now. What would your list include?
- Your family: parents, children, spouse, siblings
- A warm, dry, and comfortable home
- A car to take you anywhere you need to travel
- Your job, which you may not love, but it pays the bills
- A retirement account to maintain your standard of living once you reach old age
- A dog or cat which depends on you and loves you without condition
- Friends who love and care about you and for you
- We all have aches and pains, but to be alive is to be in good health
- Money in your pocket or the bank
- No debts
Now consider what the Bible says: to live is Christ, and to die is gain (Philippians 1:21). This life is full of great things gained, but for the Christian, to die and be with Jesus is even more profitable than living.