How would you answer Jesus if He asked you, “Why should I take you to Heaven?”
- I was baptized as a baby, even though I could be a Buddhist today.
- I wear a cross around my neck and feel like I’ll be going to heaven.
- I grew up in church and my parents were pastors.
- I said a prayer to ask Jesus into my heart when I was 4-years old.
- I go to church on Easter and believe the stories in the Bible.
- I do good things for others each day and try my best to live by the Ten Commandments.
- God loves everyone.
- I was dead in my sins, but Jesus died to give me eternal life. I was wretched, but He lifted me from my sin and set me firmly upon Himself. I was miserable, but He became my Hope. I was poor, but Jesus gave me the wealth of Heaven. I was blind, but Jesus opened my eyes to see His beauty. I was naked, but He graciously clothed me in His own righteousness. I was rebellious at heart, but He drew me to Himself by a grace I couldn’t resist. I was unbelieving, but He gave me the gift of faith to believe that He alone is my Salvation.
What is your answer?
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1).
Because you say, “I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing” – and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked – I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see (Revelation 3:17-18).
By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).